Post by Assbong420 ~The Weeder~ on Dec 23, 2015 0:26:28 GMT
it's nothing too specific it's more a piling up of things, like
- riot gathers data on player behaviour and employs psychologists to try and "correct" what they believe is toxic or otherwise unsportmanship behaviour. they are regularly implementing measures to positively reward players for "being good" and punish those who are rude or something. it's shady because it not only is patronising as billy-goat, it misses the point of trash talk to begin with. but mostly it denounces an overall tendency from riot to tamper with every single aspect of the game that they possibly can tamper with. of course, they fail miserably. it's not too serious but it adds up to the layers of bullshit;
- the game is constantly unbalanced. this is of course a strategy for it to continuously be interesting, so that's a good thing in theory, but the unbalance comes from their constant meddling with the game through patching of heroes. that's bad. it's very difficult for original metas to arise that aren't clearly predicted beforehand by riot. 7/10 times new champions are added to the game that are OP or broken in some capacity. other times they just buff up dated champions (because new champions are added with increasingly versatile kits) that instantly become mandatory pick/ban. it's incredibly rare for someone to bring to a championship a champion that's not one that riot clearly intends on being competitively viable. again nothing of this is game-breaking, but it adds up. note the pattern of riot constantly wanting control of the game;
- remember how riot doesn't let players and the community meddle with the meta? the game is completely lacking a sandbox mode. this has been a widely supported request from teams and players because it allows you to test out builds and strategies that otherwise take a 40 minute game to practice. this reduces the space for you to find solutions outside the established meta (see point above) and is another way through which riot maintains an iron grip on how the game progresses.
- outside of this, riot is a major asshole, moreso than other game companies in many regards. they force venues into exclusivity and thus they don't allow other MOBA competitions to happen there. Dreamhack is a prime example of this, iirc, riot withdrew official support from Dreamhack because it features a dota championship aswell (i may be wrong in this one, but i know they meddle with shit like this often). their most recent shenanigan was to claim all rights from KESPA - the south korean esports association -, taking over the korean championship and handing the streaming rights from ogn to some bullshit minor company under their control. riot never gave a flimsy billy-goat about the rights of the professional players they milk for all the money they can, and LCS - the esports LoL league - is part a top notch esports league and part the shadiest bullshit where teams compete for an LCS spot only to immediatly sell their slot (yes you can buy your way into LCS) to the highest bidder. players, again, are shafted on this and left hanging in impossible to break contracts with a buyout clause ammounting to millions.
- did I mention they tried to claim the rights to the expression "MOBA" and to dota copyright (some of the riot founders were dota founders iirc)?
there's some more but the wall of text has gone too far. league of legends is a great game in and of itself, but the fun of playing a moba comes from it connection with the esport. a bit like in cs:go, where you learn and the game becomes better because of your learning. except that in cs, valve allows the meta to evolve by itself and doesnt try to stranglehold championships. league is ceboming increasingly icky to watch because of all the background bullshit, and that for me reduces my willingness to play the game.
jackjons: I am Jack Jons tech support adviser, working in domain email customer care number. We provide technical support services via toll-free +1-800-982-1502. In case if you need help with any email technical issues.
Jun 19, 2018 18:33:51 GMT
alisha123456: My name is Alisha Mishra. I have completed my graduation from mist college, with an aggregate of 89%. Now I am working in advisory firm and I am a stock tips provider.
May 14, 2018 11:33:27 GMT
sarawood: White Light Smile is Fantastic approach to getting stunning grins with no wavering and it will help you to enhance your identities and you can get numerous. >>> www.whitelightsmilereviews.com/
Nov 7, 2016 12:04:47 GMT